Update on Muscadine Extension Meeting: AUGUST 14, Lu Mil Vineyards
Dear colleagues and friends,
This meeting focus primarily on extension personnel, but we want specifically reach out to interested growers as well.
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.:
Registration and Coffee
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.:
Educational Sessions (max. 30 min talk + 10 min. for discussion)
- 9:00 – 9:40: Patrick Connor (UGA): Selection of muscadine cultivars for the fresh market
- 9:40 – 10:20: Elina Convea (Auburn): Common problems in grape production in Alabama
- 10:20 – 11:00: Phil Brannen (UGA): Muscadine Disease Management in the Southeast
- 11:00 – 11:40: Hannah Burrack (NCSU): What we know and don’t know about insect management in southeastern muscadines
- 11:40 – 12:20: Cain Hickey (UGA) and Mark Hoffmann (NCSU): Introducing projects on muscadine production
12:20 – 2:00 p.m.:
Outbreak Session with Robin Clinton, USDA: Muscadine Grade Standards
Lunch Break (provided)
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.:
Extension Team Building
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.: Break-out sessions: Groups of agents, growers and specialists develop main extension objectives
- 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.: Discussion of extension goals; Identification of extension team chair; Follow-up steps
Registration is required: Please register for the meeting through our online form.
5.) Who is invited:
Please reach out to everyone you think might be interested in this, especially extension agents and interested growers.