Upcoming Grape Events This Year
Here a list of upcoming grape events this year!
- Feb 21: Muscadine Pruning and Production workshop for Master Gardener with Bill Cline (Mark Hoffmann joining in the afternoon): Surry County.
- Feb 21: Muscadine Pruning and Production workshop for Master Gardener with Kira Chaloupka and Mark Hoffmann (in the morning): Davidson County.
- Feb 28 2018: Grape School, NC Cooperative Extension and St. Paul Vineyards
- March 14: Vineyard Pest Management and Spray Schedule, Stonewall Creek Vineyards, Georgia (please contact Cain Hickey, UGA)
- March 20-21: Pruning workshop: blueberries, caneberries and wine grapes: Naked Mountain Winery, VA (please contact Tony Wolf, VT)
- July 19, 2018: Vinedresser Meeting, Yadkin and Surry County, NC Cooperative Extension
- November 2018: South Eastern Grape and Wine Symposium, Surry Community College
To find out more about those events, please see the time line on top of this blog.
Additionally, Chuck Blethen (Chuck@jeweloftheblueridge.com) from Blue Ridge Vineyard in Marshall, NC gives seminars and workshops all year round ($45 / workshop; workshops from 10 am- 2 pm)
- February 24, 2018 – Vineyard location/design
- March 24, 2018 – Pruning
- April 5, 2018 – Pruning
- May 26, 2018 – Planting, Propagation tips, and trellis design/installation
- June 9, 2018 – Grapevine Training and Mid-Season Canopy Management
- June 21, 2018 – Grape Disease and Treatment Seminar
- August 23, 2018 – Grape-based products & Processing
- September 22, 2018 – Harvesting workshop
- October 6, 2018 – Winemaking
If you have questions, please ask you local county extension service or shoot me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope this helps,